Wed, 30 November 2016Wed, 2 November 2016
As part of the Emergency & Risk Management Planning for The Moot 2017, we will be operating an on-site fire & emergency management station to support the event in the space of fire and other emergencies, including supporting other first responder services on site (such as First Aid).
At this stage, the Fire Team will be operating on a rostered arrangement, whereby those rostered will respond to any emergencies located on site during the period. The team is made up of experienced personnel from various agencies working together as Scouts to deliver a high quality and appropriate response capability to Fire & Emergencies.
Qualification requirements are as follows:
- You must be an existing member of a Fire or Emergency related agency such as MFB, CFA, DELWP, SES. Interstate agencies recognised by AFAC are also very much invited to be involved too!
- You must be a member of Guides or Scouts.
- You must have completed basic skills such as Minimum Skills Bushfire Firefighter (or equivalent) in the respective agency
- All members of the team must be registered and full financial participants/staff/Slice of Moot of the Moot to be part of the team.
If you are interested and not currently registered for The Moot, there is still time to sign up at www.themoot.com.au
For more information and to express interest, please complete this form.
Expressions of interest close on 8th November 2016, 11:59am.
For more information contact the Fire & Emergency Management Leadership Team ()Thu, 13 October 2016
We are excited to see how many orders are coming through the online store.
The Moot Online Store is the perfect place to find all merchandise for The Moot.
Here's the important things you need to know:
Fri, 12 August 2016
- Pre-orders close on the 30 October
- Some items are only available for pre-order
- The polos are a custom order and have been purchased. Make sure you pre-order to avoid disappointment. There will be limited stock available on site.
- All merchandise is available to collect once you are onsite at Mafeking Rover Park.
- Jamboree bags are available to be posted (Australia only) prior to the event.
- Payments can be made via PayPal or Direct Deposit
- Log in to your Moot account to start shopping - www.themoot.com.au
Mafeking Rover Park has many assets including Lake Surfmoot, a purpose built lake used for the 1999 Yea Moot. Over the last decade, while facing a massive drought across the country, the water level has dropped to merely a puddle. We had to come up with an action plan, as we couldn't see The Moot being successful without the Lake full of water. We approached the Surfmoot committee to help with the restoration and they were happy to donated $20,000 to fix the problem. This would be done over two phases; first phase was to dig 400 meters of trenching and connect pipes from the bore to the dam so we could have water running into the dam to fill it up. The second phase was to lay bentonite clay to slow down the evaporation process thus hopefully keeping the dam full once we filled it with water.
It's taken a lot of hard work but we are excited to see the lake full and ready for The Moot!Sun, 7 August 2016
Take on the opportunity to have a taste of The Moot with the Slice of Moot. This three-day Moot Pass allows for those who are stuck working most of the Christmas/New Years break, the chance to still enjoy a little of what The Moot has to offer.
Priced at $450 for a participant and $350 for staff, the Slices include a Moot Pack, a silver activity, access to all onsite activities, and the chance to attend one of the two premium parties - New Years' Eve or Closing Ceremony.
Applications open tomorrow 9am EST.
Check out the video for more information: https://youtu.be/Lr6_HGauQ3g