Fri, 12 August 2016
Mafeking Rover Park has many assets including Lake Surfmoot, a purpose built lake used for the 1999 Yea Moot. Over the last decade, while facing a massive drought across the country, the water level has dropped to merely a puddle. We had to come up with an action plan, as we couldn't see The Moot being successful without the Lake full of water. We approached the Surfmoot committee to help with the restoration and they were happy to donated $20,000 to fix the problem. This would be done over two phases; first phase was to dig 400 meters of trenching and connect pipes from the bore to the dam so we could have water running into the dam to fill it up. The second phase was to lay bentonite clay to slow down the evaporation process thus hopefully keeping the dam full once we filled it with water.
It's taken a lot of hard work but we are excited to see the lake full and ready for The Moot!Sun, 7 August 2016
Take on the opportunity to have a taste of The Moot with the Slice of Moot. This three-day Moot Pass allows for those who are stuck working most of the Christmas/New Years break, the chance to still enjoy a little of what The Moot has to offer.
Priced at $450 for a participant and $350 for staff, the Slices include a Moot Pack, a silver activity, access to all onsite activities, and the chance to attend one of the two premium parties - New Years' Eve or Closing Ceremony.
Applications open tomorrow 9am EST.
Check out the video for more information: https://youtu.be/Lr6_HGauQ3gThu, 13 October 2016
We are excited to see how many orders are coming through the online store.
The Moot Online Store is the perfect place to find all merchandise for The Moot.
Here's the important things you need to know:
- Pre-orders close on the 30 October
- Some items are only available for pre-order
- The polos are a custom order and have been purchased. Make sure you pre-order to avoid disappointment. There will be limited stock available on site.
- All merchandise is available to collect once you are onsite at Mafeking Rover Park.
- Jamboree bags are available to be posted (Australia only) prior to the event.
- Payments can be made via PayPal or Direct Deposit
- Log in to your Moot account to start shopping - www.themoot.com.au